Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24 365!

Well I write today on my 368th day of serving the Lord! But who's counting right? (Well actually, probably mom is..(; )

Yeah I hit a year this week so that's really exciting! I'm so happy with how much I've learned, grown, and achieved this past year. I believe I have done all I can to give it all to the Lord this year and I pray I will be able to do the same - and even more- this coming year!

What everyone says about mission flying by is true! It feels like just the other day I was only a few weeks on mission - thinking about how long i had left, counting days, even counting hours until we went home for the night. And then I look at myself now and what people say about "losing yourself in the work" is also true! I love the work. I look at every day as a new day to be a little more like Christ and a new day to help others to do so as well, not as just one more day out of the 2 years. Every hour is precious. I love this work.

We did some more service this week and it seems we can't do service without burning things anymore! We were clearing a members land of shrubs and dried bushes. At first we were piling it all in a pile and burning, but then we started to just light it all on fire where it was. That was pretty fun. I don't think I'll be able to be starting any brush fires in a year unless I want to go to jail haha..

We also went on exchanges. I was with my trainer on hump day! We had a great day of hard work. In our last lesson the power went out but we finished under candle light, but then it was too early to head home but also too dark to really find anybody to talk to, so we found the only lighted place around: a gas station. and did some contacting until it was time to head home. Elder Chiliza is always a testimony to me of what it means to be diligent.

Yep other than that, we are teaching a few good people, but progress is slow. The ball is still rolling but hasn't picked up speed haha!

Love
Elder Hiltbrand