Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 29 It's a Miracle!

I'm reluctant to write this week and tell you about my week when you didn't, but I still will. (Yeah I'm being dramatic about it because I think it's funny.)  Mom note:  all 4 of us at home forgot to write him on Sunday.  We felt very bad as we really look forward to hearing from him as I am sure he does from us.

This week was great! Before I tell anything though, Norah has been permitted to be baptized! Sister Zulu, an amazing member in the ward, is a friend of hers and met with her and told her she needed to make her own choices and not let others restrict her. And so she went and talked to him and he allowed her with no problems or restrictions of any kind! So we will be having a baptism next month! Truly this was a miracle.
We had an interesting experience this week ha. So there's this drunkard that always comes up to us as we pass his home on the road and he yells at us telling us "God will smite you! How can you just leave me here like this to suffer, look at me!" And so the first time we gave him a Word of Wisdom Pamphlet and then invited him to church. He continued and then this week we went to his home just to greet him while passing. His home was something else and we found 2 beautiful young children with him there...with him smoking by them. We of course took his cigarettes. And we decided we would come clean his home. So we told him to buy soap and prepare for our coming. We went on Saturday and found he had taken all his furniture out of the house and had bought soap and was sober! So we went to draw water and get brooms and mops from a nearby member and came back to find him drunk again.. but we cleaned his small house very thoroughly and washed all his dishes as well. I got the job of dish washing...I was just working hard and cleaned a cup but when I pulled out the sponge I found it was coated in mucus...it was his spit cup I guess...so nasty. and to make it worse I tried to shake it off but it flipped up all over my arm! hahaha...but all in all it was a great service and we helped this man a lot. And his neighbors had asked him when we came "why did you bring the satanists here?" but I don't think they will ever be able to think we are satanists again after seeing what we did for this man!

Matthew 20:26-28
 26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
 27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
 28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
 
 After we had redressed. (Forgot to take photos during the work, but it was quite the sight.) Also that's Joseph Kampelya a young man who is preparing for mission who works with us as often as his work schedule allows.
Also Rushton, I am completing your work here in Zambia. We are teaching a Tanzanian family and they are reading the Book of Mormon. We are even gettign the father a swahili Book of Mormon to make it even more understandable. This could be the family I've been searching for my whole mission haha! I've just been baptizing YSA's (Young Single Adults) so far!

Love you all! (even though you didn't email me)
Elder Grant Hiltbrand