Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Apr 27 The Prophecy has been fulfilled. Transferred!

This week was a great one! We worked hard and were teaching many lessons - more this week in 5 days than in the any week this past month. And we found a few more investigators as well which is getting harder and harder in this area! I'm so glad this was a good week in Chilobwe because it was my last! 



Last time walking up the (steep) steps of the Zingwangwa Meeting House!
We got the call on Friday night telling me I was being transferred to Lusaka, Zambia in Matero Branch! This was super unexpected since the transfer cycle doesn't end for another two weeks! I was pretty shaken up actually. I've been wanting to leave and see something new, but also this has become somewhat of my home. I love the people here and LOVE the branch so much. So it was pretty difficult to go to sleep with my head spinning!

   I fly out tomorrow morning! This is going to be a great experience for me to see another area and learn even more. Of course I will always remember Zingwangwa and Chilobwe and even miss it!

8 months in chilobwe vs. 5 star rated walking shoes.  Not sure who won that one...
      I will be companions with Elder Ssabango or something like that. I saw his name last week on the transfer sheet that Sister Erickson had showed me and I saw the double ss at the beginning of his name and thought it was cool, but that's about all I know about him - that his name starts with 2 S's...Nobody here knows anything about him, so I'm excited to meet him.

     We got to watch General Conference as a branch on Saturday and Sunday. It was an amazing experience watching it with a handful of saints here and seeing many of the new members who had never attended a GC before feel the impact of being addressed by the living prophet, apostles, and other general authorities! One of my favorite talks was the one "Do You Dance?". During GC I of course was listening for ways to improve myself, but also was trying to listen with investigators in mind and looking for ways to improve myself as a missionary, so that talk helped me see how important it is to help people learn the dance moves but they need to hear the music for the conversion to really take place.

I'm so grateful that the Church of Jesus Christ has been restored with the same organization of Prophets and Apostles.

Goodbye Malawi!
This is the last Chichewa for me...

Ndimakukonda!

Mkulu Grant Hiltbrand