Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mar 2 If there's a will, there's a ChilobWE (haha sorry I had to)

The longer I stay here the less I have to write haha so forgive me. But it was a good week! We have some great people we are teaching and continue to work hard!  (ChilobWE is in reference to the city he is serving in.)

We played soccer with the branch on Saturday! That was sooo fun! I haven't exercised so much in the past 6 months! My body is sore all over even today.. I figured hiking Mt. Soche everyday was good exercise but I guess not! Well the sisters and I were the only azungus but I think I held my own against the Malawians! Soccer is a huge part of culture in Africa so they are very good. And yeah Nicole, I had an assist.

We taught a preacher this week and the lesson took forever but in the end he realized the truth but said he wouldn't pray and it's all "in the word" like many people here do, but he said that if it is true then what he is doing is wrong, so I understand his fear, but each and everyone of us at some point will be backed up to the wall of faith! But the promise is the same to all: if you pray and ask God if these things are true, He WILL answer! I love this gospel and I'm grateful to have the privelege to serve a mission - no matter what area I serve in or who I serve with.
Love you and thanks for all the support!
Elder Grant Hiltbrand

Bro. Mkochi, one of the RM's in the branch and probably my best (non-missionary) friend here! The RM's in this branch hold the branch together and are such a blast!