Sunday, February 8, 2015

Feb 2 Mission Tour 2015

Another good week! But not a ton to report on each day. Many of the investigators that have been progressing are going through some tough times and we haven't been able to see them and we just had a lot of fall-throughs and such this week, but just as I said last week: No bad days.

Elder Ngendabanka and I have a great time everyday no matter what though and always find something to laugh about!

On Thursday, we all fasted as a Zone leading up to the Mission Tour (Zone Meeting not actually a tour) we were having on Saturday and so that we can all gain the guidance and strength we will need to achieve our new mission goals and standards of excellence.  It's pretty hard to fast as a missionary haha since we are working so hard everyday and walking in the heat, but I know the blessings that come from fasting and praying and I am seeing them already!
 
Can you find Grant in the back row?


 

Grant front and center behind Elder Cook.

 
So that leads me to the mission tour! Elder Carl B. Cook (The Southeast Africa Area President) and his wife were touring our mission with Pres/Sis Erickson this past week and they came to Blantyre to instruct us. The Lilongwe missionaries all came down and we have a combined Zone Conference. It was very powerful. The work is going forward here in Malawi. The Lord is truly 'making bare his arm' in our mission and in our lives. Elder Cook's address was based largly on Elder Bednar's address 'Converted unto the Lord'.  We discussed the relationship between a testimony and conversion.  Many people can know and feel something is true, but what is important is what they do with their knowledge and with those feelings.  Conversion is denying the natural man and becoming a saint through the atonement of Jesus Christ. Our nature changes. And it is all through repentance and the Atonement. I am so grateful for a loving Savior that atoned for my sins and allows me to repent and become better. That is also what drives me here on mission because I know what happens to people when they gain that faith and they repent and embrace the atonement and become converted.

I love missionary meetings; they always help me to receive revelation and realize ways I can improve!

I love you all!

Elder Grant Hiltbrand