Friday, November 14, 2014

Nov 3 Eesh! No time!

I have no time to write a blog post this week but some highlights:

October, the hottest month of the year here is finally over!...and it's
still hot..but rain season is coming soon!


We have a baptism this Sunday! Louis!

Halloween was great! Kids were all over in cute costumes knocking on our door and we just sat at home and gave out candy all day.  It was so great! NOT! They don't celebrate that holiday here nor do they even know what it is (even though somtimes I see some people wearing shirts that say happy halloween on them since all the clothing here is mostly second-hand or donated clothing that people actually sell. Yeah those clothes you thought you 'donated' to AFrica? They're being sold by some man or woman on the streets of Malawi.) But I'm glad they don't celebrate Halloween here because honestly that would just be really scary..

We hiked Soche Mountain today and then barbequed a goat..they
slaughtered it before we got there because my companion and I went to the wrong missionaries' flat and they couldn't wait so that's okay I still have 22 months to slaughter a goat...



Church yesterday was so amazing. We have some great investigators that keep coming and I even bore my testimony in Chichewa! It's amazing to see people applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ in their lives and I am so grateful for the privilege I have to bring the Gospel to those here in Blantyre, Malawi!

Oh and this week we didn't have water for 4 full days! I've gotten
totally used to it actually!


Love you all and I thank you for all the support and prayers!
I am losing myself in this beautiful work!
Elder Grant Alan Hiltbrand


Inside of a mini bus (we had to be sneaky taking this so as to not look like tourists).
Not sure if the arm is dirty or tanned?