Monday, August 8, 2016

Aug 8 Last Correspondence From the Mission Field

My missionary experience is almost over. I will fly tomorrow at 1:00 and arrive in Orange County at Noon on Wednesday. Before I finish and the name tag comes off I wanted to share a few of my thoughts with you.

I am filled with gratitude for what has happened over the last two years. I have experienced some of the greatest trials of my entire life, but I have also experienced some of the greatest joys of my entire life as well. I have been brought low and fallen short many times, but in the end He has lifted me higher and forgiven me. It has been a tremendous privilege to be 'a tool in the Lord's hands' and to see others change their lives and have their lives changed.
I am humbled by what I have experienced these past two years.

I would offer the two years I have spent here in Malawi and Zambia and the effort I put into those two years as a witness to anyone who reads this that God lives. And as a witness that He loves all His children and because of that love He restored His Gospel and Church in these days to bless us.

Now as I conclude these two years of service, I still sing the words of our missionary anthem "Forward, pressing forward!" and I can say,
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished [this] course, I have kept the faith", but there is still more fights to fight and courses to finish and I pray that I may continue to always keep the faith along the way!

Thank you all for your love and support these past two years. I was uplifted by your letters, emails, and prayers. Can't wait to see you again!

Love
Elder Grant Hiltbrand